User-Name and Clear Text Password configurations

Diameter K diametera at gmail.com
Sat May 12 11:05:47 CEST 2007

Hi All,
       I want to send out Authentication Request message with only the
"User-Name" and "Password". Moreover i want the password to be clear
text.
      Is it possible to configure the free-radius server for just
these requirements?
      I did configure the username and password in the "users" file
but server seems to be looking for a encrypted password and is thus
sending back a reject.
        Any way to configure a username and a clear text password?

Thanks in advance,
Shiv