User-Name and Clear Text Password configurations

Eshun Benjamin bkeshun at yahoo.fr
Sat May 12 12:47:02 CEST 2007

I want to send out Authentication Request message with only the
"User-Name" and "Password". Moreover i want the password to be clear
text.
      Is it possible to configure the free-radius server for just
these requirements?

YES

 I did configure the username and password in the "users" file
but server seems to be looking for a encrypted password and is thus
sending back a reject.
        Any way to configure a username and a clear text password?

You can use CHAP to authenticate and ensure you send clear text from your access point but not EAP.
You can see what you are receiving if you do
radiusd -X

Benjamin K. Eshun

Envoyé le : Samedi, 12 Mai 2007, 11h05mn 47s
Objet : User-Name and Clear Text Password configurations

Hi All,
       I want to send out Authentication Request message with only the
"User-Name" and "Password". Moreover i want the password to be clear
text.
      Is it possible to configure the free-radius server for just
these requirements?
      I did configure the username and password in the "users" file
but server seems to be looking for a encrypted password and is thus
sending back a reject.
        Any way to configure a username and a clear text password?

Thanks in advance,
Shiv
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html