Freeside Modifications for FreeRADIUS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 14 22:40:18 CEST 2007

Matthew Neumark wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has any modifications that they are willing to
> share that they have done for freeradius. Such as added attributes and
> such when provisioning radius accounts. A good example is like Filter-ID
> for freeradius.

  Filter-Id depends more on the NAS than on FreeRADIUS.  You can
configure FreeRADIUS to send anything to the NAS.  But you have to read
the NAS documentation to see what it understands.

> I would like to be able to assign users to a specific
> filter. Another good example would be assigning different dns servers to
> different clients…

  Read the NAS documentation.  If it doesn't say what attributes the NAS
expects, then it's likely not possible.

> I already know how to add it to radreply to give the
> specific users the information I want I was just wondering if anyone
> else has anything like this already done.

  FreeRADIUS comes with documentation saying how to configure the reply
attributes.  Configuring the *content* of the reply attributes depends
on the NAS.