Server IP changed and "FreeRADIUS+MySQL" does not work

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Tue May 15 23:49:52 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 09:39:55 yao guoxian wrote:
>      I have installed FreeRADIUS and MySQL on the same machine.
>     "FreeRADIUS + MySQL"  had worked well before Server IP changed. For
> some reason the server had to be carried to a new place and its IP must be
> changed.
>     After the server IP changed, "FreeRADIUS + MySQL" does not work.
>     I have edited sql.conf and  changed   IP to  the  new  correct IP .  I
> also  edited  the  table  "user"  in the  database  "mysql"  and  altered
> the  Host  field from the old IP to the new correct IP. However these
> mendings do not work.

As Alan stated, try connecting to MySQL from the command line to confirm that
it works.  You updated the IPs in mysql.user, but that doesn't affect the
MySQL permissions.  To apply any changes to the mysql privilege tables, you
must either restart the MySQL service or run "FLUSH PRIVILEGES".

Kevin Bonner