help on radius, how to make password in clear text

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed May 16 07:52:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

this is for the _users_ list, not developers.

> But if other client using same radius server authticate with same username
> and pasword, the "User-Password" field is in clear text and all works.
> Could some one look this for me, many thanks. Ryan.

1) double-check the shared secret on NAS and FreeRADIUS - if they don't match,
decryption of User-Password results in weird characters
2) post _useful_ debugs. Of "radiusd -X" as a whole, not just a few lines.
radiusd -X probably even tells you that it suspects a mismatched shared
secret a few lines later.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg