Question regarding external script authentication

Patric patrict at bluebottle.com
Fri May 18 11:30:52 CEST 2007

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> you have various other attributes in your real production system - perhaps
> you have matching DEFAULT values (eg in users file) which are aiding the
> access accept?

If that were the case, then wouldnt this eliminate the problem:

My radiusd.conf authorize section contains only this :

authorize {
	files
	exec-radauth
}

My users file contains only this :

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Accept

If I understand it correctly this would mean that the only
authentication done is by my script.
I did the above on the production server, but I am still not returning
an access-reject...

I have now also upgrading freeradius on the production server to 1.1.6,
also with the same result - no access-reject returned...

I am now at a loss as to where else to look, but I suspect its some kind
of config setting. Where? I dont know :[

Thanks guys
Patrick