Very critical: Memory leak in freeradius-1.1.6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 18 19:14:30 CEST 2007

nikitha george wrote:
> So why is it happening in my case then? I can see all the requests gets
> cleaned up ( log message was put) but still so much memory is consumed
> by radiusd.

  When the server caches the requests, it uses memory to do that.  When
it frees the requests, the memory does *not* get returned to the system.
 This is usually due to the "malloc/free" implementation on your system,
and cannot be controlled by the server.

> You want me post the huge log file..? I badly need this fix now..
> Configuration wise i am using the default configuration except users and
> clients entry added newly.

  If your server really is that busy, then it needs that much memory to
ensure it maintains quality service.  If you make it use less memory,
requests will be lost, and your network will suffer.