Problem in runnning radius server

prajakta choudhari prajakta_choudhari at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 21 09:00:48 CEST 2007

Hi all:

I have just started to configure the Radius Server.
I have downloaded and installed the latest freeradius
and openssl software. I am trying to configure EAP-TLS
authentication and currently using the default
certificates in raddb/certs directory.

eap.conf is as follows:
  eap {
                default_eap_type = tls
                timer_expire     = 60
                ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
                cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
                md5 {
                }
                leap {
                }
                gtc {
                        auth_type = PAP
                }
                tls {
                        private_key_password =
whatever
                        private_key_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
                        certificate_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
                        CA_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem
                        dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
                        random_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/random
                        fragment_size = 1024
                        include_length = yes
                }

Whenever i try to run the radiusd i get the following
error:

Module: Loaded System
 unix: cache = no
 unix: passwd = "(null)"
 unix: shadow = "(null)"
 unix: group = "(null)"
 unix: radwtmp =
"/usr/local/radius/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
 unix: usegroup = no
 unix: cache_reload = 600
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
 eap: default_eap_type = "tls"
 eap: timer_expire = 60
 eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
 eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
 gtc: challenge = "Password: "
 gtc: auth_type = "PAP"
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/tls: file not found
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1959] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1906] Failed to parse authenticate
section.

I just cannot figure out the problem. I am new radius
server user.

Thank You
Prajakta Choudhari

      Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT? Click here: http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php