Problem with logging detail-log to syslog

Mark van Herpen mark at telebyte.nl
Wed May 23 13:47:10 CEST 2007

Hello,

I want to log all the freeradius (v 1.1.3) logs to syslog (syslog-ng).
I 've already added this to my syslog-ng.conf :

  filter f_radiusd { match ("radiusd"); };
  destination radiuslogs { file("var/log/radiusd.log"); };
  log { source (src); filter(f_daemon); filter(f_radiusd);
destination(radiuslogs);};

And I changed/added this in my radiusd.conf :

  logdir = syslog
  log_destination = syslog

So far so good: when I restart syslog-ng and radiusd, radiusd is logging
to /var/log/radiusd.log via syslog. But I also want to have the
detail-logs, which are normaly in the raddact directory, working in
syslog... Now I see this error in /var/log/radiusd.log :

  rlm_detail: Failed to create directory syslog/radacct: No such file or
directory

So the rlm_detail part doesn't understands the 'logdir = syslog' option
in radiusd.conf I guess? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Mark van Herpen