AW: AW: Grouping users and clients

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Thu May 24 17:16:17 CEST 2007

Rascher, Markus wrote:
>> No way to store huntgroups directives on LDAP or SQL?
>
> I worked out a sql scheme to store users and their privileges to access
> certain services.
> Then i told the radiusd to query a stored procedure on the db, instead
> of the standard radcheck-table. In the stored procedure i did some
> queries to find find out if the user should have access to the requested
> service.
> I don't know if this is possible in ldap too... I guess not.

Or...

# cat huntgroups
ServiceA        Client-IP-Address == 1.2.3.4
                SQL-Group == ServiceA

and...

mysql> select * from radius.usergroup limit 1;
+----+---------------------+-----------+
| id | UserName            | GroupName |
| 65 | username at domain.com | ServiceA  |

and it just works.

For LDAP, I think you will need LDAP-Group instead of SQL-Group in the
huntgroups file.  I'm not sure what it will look like in the LDAP
schema, but I am pretty sure others are doing this.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator