Authenticating many devices using one attribute

Brian Johnson voyager.106 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:20:48 CEST 2007

Hello --

We're hoping to begin using radius to authenticate logins to our Cisco
routers and
Cisco switches.  Currently, we're going to start with a group of core
routers, but
would like to make all of our switches authenticate to radius.  Being the
networking
group for the University, our switches are located on many different
networks all over
campus, and we have ~900.

We currently use our radius server to authenticate other services such as
modems and
the VPN.  I'm looking for a radius configuration that's as compact as
possible;
obviously, when dealing with 900+ devices, using individual ips isn't ideal.

Thank you for your help.

Brian

--
Brian Johnson
"And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own