Freeradius-Proxied-To, radrelay and 2.0

Milan Holub holub at thenet.ch
Fri May 25 16:19:36 CEST 2007

Hi Alan&others,

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:57:51PM +0200, Alan Dekok wrote:
> > What I'm trying to achieve actually is freeradius 2.0 + radrelay(using
> > binary from 1.1.6) and above is the "show stopper":(
> >
> > Any advise?
>
>   The radrelay functionality in 2.0 doesn't yet work properly.  This was
> acknowledged in the announcement.

==> finally I came to the workaround where all accounting requests comming
from certain IP(server where radrelay is running on detail file) are
explicitly set to be proxied to realm LOCAL
==> this is ensured by following acct_users entry:
DEFAULT Packet-Src-IP-Address == "<relay_host_ip>", Proxy-To-Realm :=
LOCAL

Firstly I wanted to put the entry into preproxy_users where it did not
work properly: I could see that the realm was set correctly to "LOCAL"
but at the same time there was an attempt to send the packet to remote
home_server:
Proxying request 0 to realm LOCAL, home server <FOREIGN_HOMESERVER_IP>
port 1813

Is this a bug with "preproxy_users" or it's just a feature?

Milan Holub
holub (at) thenet (dot) ch

 TheNet-Internet Services AG,
 im Bernertechnopark, Morgenstr. 129