JRS Service configurations + Wiki

Josh Howlett J.Howlett at ukerna.ac.uk
Tue May 29 18:51:41 CEST 2007

> > Alan D,
> >
> > Would you mind having configuration documents for 3rd party
> services
> > like JRS on the FreeRADIUS wiki ?
> >
> > Alan B,
> >
> > Would JANET mind having configuration documents for  JRS on the
> > FreeRADIUS wiki ?
> >
> > It is meant to be a repository for everything FreeRADIUS
> after all ...
> > and it's easier if all this stuff is in one place.
>
> personally I would prefer such configuration to be on the JRS
> support / UKERNA document site. What should be on the main FR
> wiki is the fundamental 'how to proxy' and 'how to attribute filter'
> type documents. I believe that special service cases could
> otherwise overrun the freeradius site (as they do the
> freeradius users list)

While UKERNA would have absolutely no problem with this, I empathise
with Alan B's view that such documentation might be 'clutter' on the
FreeRADIUS Wiki and might be better located on a JRS-specific website.
It might also be more visible to JRS participants. Perhaps a link from
the Wiki to the JRS website might be more appropriate?

If you'd like to contribute some JRS documentation formally, then please
get in touch with me directly! We're particularly interested in
documentation covering the 'complete solution' (auth db, radius, WAPs,
PR, etc). This is obviously a lot of work, but we should be able to
compensate your Institution for this effort.

best regards, josh.