Startup problem with ldap

Massimo Meregalli maxmere at ml.mbox.it
Sat Nov 3 14:37:16 CET 2007

The server is configured to run as radiusd/radiusd and the configuration
directory (/etc/raddb) as well as the log directory (/var/log/radiusd)
are owned by radiusd with rwx permission for the owner, as all the files
included in these directory.

I've tried to su - radiusd an then launch the server but I got the same
result as before, if the server tries to put itself into backgroud  than
the child never became ready to process requests.

What seems to be strange is that if the LDAP module is commented out
from the configuration file then the server is working fine (with an
entry from the users file).

I've also tried to change the ldap module (rlm_ldap) with the one of the
version 1.1.3 (As I've red from the mailing list) with no luck.

The configuration I'm testing came from an installation of freeradius
1.1.3 that works fine.

Thanks

Massimo Meregalli