segfault when router attempts to authenticate against radiusd - modcall: entering group authorize for request 0

Ryan Pugatch rpugatch at tripadvisor.com
Tue Nov 6 16:46:47 CET 2007

Greetings,

I'm attempting to have my Linksys WRT54GL (running DD-WRT v23 SP2) use
WPA RADIUS against a FreeRADIUS server (FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.7, for
host i686-pc-linux-gnu) and subsequently have the FreeRADIUS server use
our existing LDAP directory (OpenLDAP v2.2.13-4).  It appears when a
user tries to connect to the router and enters their credentials,
freeradius segfaults:

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.42.23:2055, id=0,
length=129
	User-Name = "rpugatch"
	NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.42.23
	Called-Station-Id = "0018f8c16a5a"
	Calling-Station-Id = "0017f2e7032a"
	NAS-Identifier = "0018f8c16a5a"
	NAS-Port = 14
	Framed-MTU = 1400
	NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
	EAP-Message = 0x0200000d017270756761746368
	Message-Authenticator = 0x229f552c4b2805f9bd66bce70bdecd54
   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
Segmentation fault

I'm guessing that the radius server may be having trouble getting the
user data from the LDAP directory, however I'd like to get more
information as to what is causing radiusd to die.

I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,

Ryan Pugatch