using ldap for general attributes

Joe Vieira jvieira at clarku.edu
Thu Nov 8 21:05:54 CET 2007

Hi,

    So I have a plan to use ldap to generally set attributes and use
those attributes to set multiple specific attributes in radius.

example:
ldap server -> radius -> VPN
vpngroup -> vpn filter and vpn tunnel and dhcp scope - > vpn

does that make sense to do in the users file?  could someone give me a
general example of how they would try to do it?
I was thinking in the ldap mapping file of adding a check item vpngroup
(or whatever) and then using the users file to match off of that to set
a reply of what i am looking for....

Joe Vieira
UNIX Systems Administrator
Clark University - ITS