Newbie question - number of radius requests per session?

Nathan Hay nphay at cedarville.edu
Thu Nov 15 16:50:48 CET 2007

Thanks for everyone's help.  I have it working nicely now, but have one
more situation I just started testing.

I want to use the same radius servers to authenticate users on a
different wireless network though a captive portal to the same
eDirectory servers via LDAP.

In order for the captive portal authentication to work, I had to put
LDAP back in the authorize section, which breaks all the work I just did
to reduce the calls to the eDirectory servers for my other network that
uses 802.1X.

Is there a way around this to have both working at the same time?

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan P. Hay
Network Engineer
Computer Services
Cedarville University
www.cedarville.edu ( http://www.cedarville.edu/ )

>>> <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> 11/13/2007 5:36 AM >>>
Hi,
> Do I then remove ldap from the authorize section so that it doesn't
call
> it every packet?  I did a bunch of testing and it seems that I have
> do that to reduce the number of calls to our eDirectory servers.

yes - only call it from the INNER check. otherwise you are in exactly
the same situation

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See