WPA HOWTO

build buildy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:06:43 CET 2007

On 21/11/2007, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> build wrote:
> > G'day Oliver,
> > Thank you for that, no wonder :-(
> > However the build looks scary so I:
> > :/# patch -pl < freeradius-openssl.patch
> > patch: **** strip count l is not a number
> > :/#
> >
> > Is this easily fixed?
>
>   It's "-p1", not "-pl".  As in "one".
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Thank you both your patience is appreciated.
The build failed?

user1 at box1:/TEMP/freeradius-1.1.7$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is freeradius
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1.1.7-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Stephen Gran <sgran at debian.org>
sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)
sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 1.1.7-1
sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)
sh: gcc: command not found
dpkg-architecture: warning: Couldn't determine gcc system type,
falling back to default (native compilation)
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 5)
libltdl3-dev libpam0g-dev libmysqlclient15-dev | libmysqlclient-dev
libgdbm-dev libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev libiodbc2-dev libkrb5-dev snmp
autotools-dev dpatch (>= 2) libperl-dev libtool libpq-dev libsnmp-dev
libssl-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
user1 at box1:/TEMP/freeradius-1.1.7$

and I have no bloody idea what to do.
or have I tested your patience to it's limit?

Thanks in anticipation,
build