User-accounts do not expire in time...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 21 11:11:26 CET 2007

Evert wrote:
> I have users in my system who are supposed to be able to logon as much as they want, in a
> period of 24 hours starting from  their 1st logon.
> however, a user who is a member of the 24hours group is able to log on longer than the
> 24hours period:

  Is the server receiving accounting packets?

  The fact that a user received an Access-Accept doesn't mean they
succeeded in logging in.  The NAS may have rebooted, they may have hung
up, the Access-Accept could have been lost, etc.

  The server knows (and accounts for) the user logging in only when it
receives an Accounting-Request packet.  The accounting packets are also
used to determine how long the user was logged in for.