SLES 10 + Oracle

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Nov 21 12:16:53 CET 2007

On Wed 21 Nov 2007, Stefan Kohler wrote:
> Am Mi, 21.11.2007, 10:16, schrieb Stefan Kohler:

> >> configure is likely not finding your oracle headers.. Look at the
> >> output of
> >> configure (near the start of the build process)
> >
> > Thanks for the hint Peter, it helped a litte, but I am still having
> > problems.
> > I looked into the whole thing again and found out, that in the
> > SPECS-file the lib dir is set to:
> >
> > --with-oracle-lib-dir=%{_libdir}/oracle/10.1.0.3/client/lib/ \
> >
> > The newest version is Oracle 11.1.0.1, so I changed the directory, which
> > is now giving no "No oracle headers found" errors anymore (Is 10.1.0.3
> > the only supported version?). Now I am getting:
> >
> > "error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> > /etc/raddb/postgresqlippool.conf"
> >
> > when running rpmbuild -ba freeradius.specs! Has anyone experienced these
> > problems before? Can anyone help me, please?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Cheers
> >
> > - Stefan
> >
> > --
> > stef (at) internetchefs (dot) de
>
> Sorry, my fault. I am still getting the "No oracle headers found" error. I
> have oracle-instantclient-basic (/usr/lib/oracle/11.1.0.1) and
> oracle-instantclient-devel (/usr/include/oracle/11.1.0.1).
>
> Looking for header files I tried
> --with-oracle-home-dir=/usr/include/oracle/11.1.0.1/client , due to the
> *.h files in that directory. That does not work. Any more hints? I do not
> know what else to do. I have tried both directories. It says checking for
> "oci.h" when running "./configure" and that file is in
> "/usr/include/oracle/11.1.0.1/client", but can not be found when I use
> this directory in "--with-oracle-home-dir=...".
>
> Thank you in advance and sorry for the wrong post earlier!

Hi Stefan

I had quite a lot of trouble getting FreeRADIUS to build against oracle 10g
as it previously only worked with Oracle 8. I made some changes, including
the spec file and module configure file to work with 10g (and wrote the
minimal docs you see) however I have not built against Oracle for around 2
years now, and never against Oracle 11.

The work I did was for a large customer who required integration with Oracle,
however I actually use FreeRADIUS with Postgresql for most of the systems I
deploy so I am by no means an Oracle expert.

Regards

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/