a few questions

Paul Bartell paul.bartell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 01:43:44 CET 2007

Im working on a project at my school district to implement RADIUS
authentication. I have two Mac powerpc servers for use, which could
run either OSX or some linux variant. We are planning on using a mysql
backend. Our network has around 6k machines throughout the district, a
few hundred on the wifi at any given time. so my questions are:

1. since mysql in OSX isn't kernel based from what i understand, would
it make a big difference to use a linux based os (debian/unofficial
powerpc port of ubuntu is my initial thought)?

2. Are both servers needed, and if so would it make sense to use mysql
replication and just have two of the same?

3. Would it make sense to just point some Ap's at one RADIUS server
and some at the other, or is there a better/easier way to load
balance?

thanks,
Paul

--
"If you are savvy and smart about the choices you make in life, The
sky is not the limit!"

Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it: " hate compasses
i like can't use them. they don't stay straight, and i end up looking
like an emo by the time i'm done, it stabs me so much"
- Jasmine Lee