exec ntlm_auth doesn't fail

Dead6re dead6re at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:48:23 CET 2007

I am trying to get exec ntlm_auth to work so I can use ms-chap authentication
but I am having a problem. Trying to use the radtest tool I sent a valid
username but an incorrect password but yet FreeRadius still sends back an
access-accept. Why?

--------------------------- Log
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:32770, id=205, length=56
        User-Name = "9430"
        User-Password = "hello"
        NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
        NAS-Port = 0
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "9430", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 153
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
  modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type ntlm_auth
auth: type "ntlm_auth"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
  modcall[authenticate]: module "ntlm_auth" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns ok) for request 0
Sending Access-Accept of id 205 to 127.0.0.1 port 32770
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 6 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 205 with timestamp 474ea5b4
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

modules {
	exec ntlm_auth {
                wait = no
                program = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--username=9430 --password=aaa"

authenticate {
	ntlm_auth