rlm_passwd and EAP-MD5

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 20:42:25 CET 2007

Hi,

> But is this for real?  I need to restart the server if someone changes
> their password in the file that is configured with rlm_passwd?
>
> If so, that's not just a minor annoyance :P

there are other modules which provide non-restart functionality
such as SQL password modules - there has also been recent
work in CVS head to make certain modules compatible with a HUP.

however, HUP and server restart - think logically about what is
the difference? When you HUP you tear down and make unavailable
the server anyway. some very nasty things happen in most
daemons that are hup'able. at least the freeradius HUP work
that has been undertaken keeps all the states alive.

alan