Novell Integratoion

Eric Hoeve eric-freerad at ehoeve.com
Mon Oct 1 17:26:09 CEST 2007

Brad Lachel said the following, On 9/28/2007 1:41 PM:
> I am trying to get free radius to authenticate users with my Novell
> server.  I know that I am close, but I don't quite have it.  I can see
> that my access points are sending MAC address to the radius server as
> the user name, that MAC is then authenticated through my users file
> and passed to Novell.  the Mac sent to Novell as the uid and is then
> accepted or rejected.   I know this, because I created a user in
> Novell with my MAC as the user name and the user was authenticated
> successfully.  I then changed the ldap filter to read:
>
> filter = "(radiusCheckItem=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
>
> and then I placed my MAC address in the radusCheckItem field in Novell
> for my Novell record.  I can not get authenticated this way, I receive
> the following error:
>
> rlm_ldap: performing search in o=dist-155, with filter
> (radiusCheckItem=0016cb-b64f93)
> rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result
> rlm_ldap: search failed
Brad,

Could you give us more information?

1. FreeRadius version.
2. Output from radiusd -X -A
3. Relevant portions of configuration files (radiusd.conf).

Also check output from ldap server logs to see what is happening at that
end.
You might want to test the ldap server with ldapsearch to test your
queries against the ldap server.

-Eric

--
Eric Hoeve