radwho question....

Chris Bradshaw cwbshaw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:11:29 CEST 2007

Hi....

I am using freeradius 1.0.1 on a Red Hat Ent Linux v4 server as an
authentication backend for our wireless network.

Our wireless clients all use EAP/TTLS (via the SecureW2 client) and
the access points are Cisco Aironet 1200's.

I have noticed that if I run radwho, I seem to only see the name of
the user from the 'outside' of the tunnel (in this case
'anonymous')....as a result its not possible to tell who is connected
at any one time.

Also I have noticed that the fields tend to get truncated:

Login      Name              What  TTY  When      From      Location
anonymous  anonymous         shell >999 Tue 16:00 10.10.2.9

The IP address above should be 10.10.2.96.

I was just wondering if anyone might know how to fix either of these problems?

TIA

Chris Bradshaw.