Acct-Status-Type attribute

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Wed Oct 3 22:44:28 CEST 2007

I am running freeradius-1.1.3.  I am using freeradius to authenticate
users logging into Cisco switches and routers.  I am trying to use
radrelay to send the radius accounting data to our syslog server.  When
I run radrelay in debug mode, it gives this error:

Record Rate since startup: 42.57
Packet Rate since startup: 0.00
read_one: No Acct-Status-Type attribute present. Rejecting record.
read_one: No Acct-Status-Type attribute present. Rejecting record.
radrelay: Running and Processing Records.
Seconds since startup: 7
Records Read: 299
Packets Sent: 0

When I check the contents of the /var/log/radius/radacct/detail-combined
file, it contains the following attributes:

Packet-Type = Access-Request
Wed Oct  3 15:36:02 2007
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.3.51.1
        NAS-Port = 1
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        User-Name = "testuser"
        Calling-Station-Id = "10.3.0.51"
        Client-IP-Address = 10.3.51.1

Is it possible to have the Acct-Status-Type attribute included in the
Access Request that is logged to the
/var/log/radius/radacct/detail-combined file?  If so - how would I go
about achieving this?

I have checked the /etc/raddb/dictionary and related files (in
/usr/share/freeradius/) and see the Acct-Status-Type attribute listed,
but am not sure why it is not being included in the above accounting
access-request.

Thanks in advance,

Walter Gould
Auburn University