radwho question....

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 4 14:45:33 CEST 2007

Chris Bradshaw wrote:
> OK....I tried using a User-Name of Bob as suggested,

  Maybe.

  The debug log you posted is either NOT the full debug log (-X).  OR,
you have deleted all references to the "files" module from radiusd.conf.

  If you tell the server to NOT look at the "users" file, then do NOT be
surprised when it doesn't look at the "users" file.

  I am just astonished at how much effort people put into breaking the
configuration, and then doing even *more* work trying to fix it again.
If you've put huge efforts into destroying the default configuration,
then most of the suggestions here WILL NOT WORK, because they presume
you haven't butchered the configuration to make it useless.

  Start off with the default configuration.  Add the LDAP config, and
EAP configuration for certificates.  MAKE SURE IT USES THE "users" file.

  THEN try my suggestion.  Odds are that it will work.