RADIUS Stress Test tool

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 4 17:40:02 CEST 2007

Michael Lecuyer wrote:
> What we're seeing is that a long time out can make it appear that all
> packets are being processed but the long time out also slows the client
> load test. If half of those threads are waiting a very short time for
> short responses to be processed by the server) you're now down to half
> the threads testing the server. As time goes by more and more threads
> are waiting for fewer quick thread responses and the test becomes
> meaningless.

  I'm looking into creating a complex load testing tool (not radclient),
that will be single threaded, but which will be able to have many 1000's
of outstanding requests.  It will track a number of pieces of
information, including offered load, accepted load, histograms of delay
over time, etc.

  It can be run on mltiple machines, and the results collated.

  Ping me privately if this is interesting.