802.1x & kerberos

Lisa Besko besko at msu.edu
Thu Oct 11 18:21:58 CEST 2007

Having made no changes to the config but using radtest from the command
line this is the debug output using kerberos but not EAP:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:49649, id=40, length=65
         User-Name = "testuser at msu.edu"
         User-Password = "XXXXXXXXXXXX"
         NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
         NAS-Port = 0
   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
   modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 33
   modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 33
   modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 33
     rlm_realm: Looking up realm "msu.edu" for User-Name =
"testuser at msu.edu"
     rlm_realm: Found realm "MSU.EDU"
     rlm_realm: Adding Stripped-User-Name = "testuser"
     rlm_realm: Proxying request from user testuser to realm MSU.EDU
     rlm_realm: Adding Realm = "MSU.EDU"
     rlm_realm: Authentication realm is LOCAL.
   modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 33
   rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
   modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 33
     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 5
   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 33
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
   modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 33
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 33
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Kerberos
auth: type "Kerberos"
   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group kerberos for request 33
rlm_krb5: verify_krb_v5_tgt: host key not found : No such file or directory
   modcall[authenticate]: module "krb5" returns ok for request 33
modcall: leaving group kerberos (returns ok) for request 33
Sending Access-Accept of id 40 to 127.0.0.1 port 49649
Finished request 33
Going to the next request

This is from a message I posted earlier with kerberos and EAP.  I hope
that's enough of it for you since my client started acting up and now I
have to beat on it a bit.:

rlm_realm: Looking up realm "msu.edu" for User-Name = "testuser at msu.edu"
     rlm_realm: Found realm "MSU.EDU"
     rlm_realm: Adding Stripped-User-Name = "testuser"
     rlm_realm: Proxying request from user testuser to realm MSU.EDU
     rlm_realm: Adding Realm = "MSU.EDU"
     rlm_realm: Authentication realm is LOCAL.
   modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 4
   rlm_eap: EAP packet type response id 1 length 18
   rlm_eap: No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation
   modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns updated for request 4
     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 10
   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 4
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
   modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 4
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns updated) for request 4
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Kerberos
auth: type "Kerberos"
   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group kerberos for request 4
rlm_krb5: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.
   modcall[authenticate]: module "krb5" returns invalid for request 4
modcall: leaving group kerberos (returns invalid) for request 4
auth: Failed to validate the user.

--
Lisa Besko
Systems Administrator			517-432-7317