Using freeradius and 802.1x for dynamic VLAN

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 21:58:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I use freeradius-1.0.4-1.FC4.1 version in a PC Linux Fedora Core 4.

I wont even bother starting with the upgrade to 1.1.7 stuff. if you want to run buggy older and insecure versions then thats YOUR choice.

> carlos  Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "carlos"
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Tunne-type = VLAN,
>         Tunnel-medium-type = IEEE-802,
>         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 2

where to start? perhaps the 'dont ever set Auth-Type := EAP' would be
as good a place as any.  other than that i'll assume that you've
not noticed the typo on the Tunnel-Type line?

so....if you;ve set those attributes then they arent going back to the switch?
well, if you read eap.conf you'll see the part that says 'tunnel reply'
you need to set that to "yes" then those attributes will go back to the switch

alan