NAS-Port and IP pool

Dánial Olsen dol at ft.fo
Tue Oct 16 10:59:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can assist me with my problem with assigning ip
addresses with freeradius 1.1.6 on OpenBSD 4.1.

I'm using freeradius to with an Ericsson CGSN and now I'm trying to
assign ip addresses to my Mobile Stations.
The problem is that the CGSN makes requests to freeradius always using
the same IP and always port 1, which means only one IP is assigned.

After a lot of searching I've come to the conclusion that freeradius
uses NAS-port and NAS-ip to uniquely identify the clients.

Is my conclusion correct?

How can I assign IP addresses to my MS using another unique id, e.g.
IMSI or MSISDN - which I can include in the request?

/Danial