WPA Certificate Administration

Kent Thomas Kent at solarbee.com
Mon Oct 22 20:03:50 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm having difficulty locating documentation on how to manage the
certificates that are generated for use with WPA.  It appears that no matter
how long I set the Certificate Authority Certificate to be valid for, it
appears to be valid  for only 30 days from the day it was created.

I have already changed the variables used in the ca.cnf script for something
much longer, but that still does not change anything.

What is the normal practice in dealing with the CA certificate as generated
by the scripts that accompany FreeRadius. Am I missing some cardinal rule
that says Self-signed certs are only valid for 30 days?

Thanks in advance for some guidance in this area.

Kent