R: Ip pool lease migration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 24 10:42:56 CEST 2007

Francesco Cristofori wrote:
> I have both servers using the same sql backend for accounting (not
> sql_ippool at the moment), so I have a doubt:

  Then there's a lot less reason to run two servers.  You still have one
central point of failure: the SQL server.

  If you're insistent on running just one SQL server, you don't need to
do anything on the RADIUS side for IP pools.  Just point both RADIUS
servers to the same SQL DB and tables, and the SQL server will sort it out.

> If I relay one request to radB, will radB write an entry in radacct so I
> end up with two accounting records for the same accounting request?
> How could I prevent this from happening?

  Don't point two RADIUS servers to one SQL database.