Accounting requests and LDAP relation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 24 11:18:43 CEST 2007

Amr el-Saeed wrote:
> Is there any relation between the accounting requests and the LDAP, in
> case i'm using LDAP for authentication and MySql for accounting.

  No.

> Now i have many accounting requests and my DB machine is loaded , but
> what i can't understand is why my LDAP machine is loaded too.
> i make a debug on the RADIUS and found that when handling the accounting
> request the RADIUS contacts the sql and ldap to check GroupMember,

  It only does that if you configured the server to look for LDAP groups
as part of your local policy.  i.e. "LDAP-Group == ...".

> in
> sql.conf i commented the group member query and nothing happens against
> the MySql , but still happens against the LDAP .

  If you want to use LDAP groups, then understand that doing so will
involve using the LDAP server.  If you don't want to use LDAP groups,
then remove that configuration from your system.

  The default configuration does NOT do LDAP group matching on
accounting requests.  So it's definitely something you added locally to
your system.