Newbie Question o.O

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 24 11:21:26 CEST 2007

Bernd wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a WLAN (5 APs) with a RADIUS Server (SuSe 10.2). RADIUS
> should authenticate the MAC Adresses of the WLAN Users to grant them access
> to the network.

  Do the AP's send RADIUS requests to authenticate the MAC when they see
a new machine?  If not, you can't do it.

> I just found some options with Certificates/PWs to authenticate users.
> Can I authenticate them just with their MAC? Where do I specify it in my
> Database?

  Yes, you can authenticate them with the MAC.  See what is in the
RADIUS Access-Request from the NAS, then use that as keys for local
policies.

> It's my first RADIUS Project and I don't think I'm a "Stephen Hawking" in
> RADIUS configuration... ;)
>
> Anyway...I'm thankful for every help I get.

  Unfortunately, you're being told to go read the NAS documentation.
Then, if what you want is possible, come back here for more FreeRADIUS
questions.