Access-Reject in a php script

Patric patrict at bluebottle.com
Thu Oct 25 08:10:10 CEST 2007

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>    echo "Session-Timeout:=100";
>> else
>>    echo "Access-Reject";  //NOT WORKING!!!!!!
>
> hmmm, normally/properly you dont send such attributes
> back - thats a server job. you should simply exit with
> the return code that equals reject.
>
> alan

That is correct.

I had exactly the same problem and it took me a good while to figure
out. I am still not certain if what I did was "correct" as far as how
freeradius was designed, but it worked perfectly for me (and still is),
so I am happy with the changes.

I posted them to the list back then, check it out here:

http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2007-May/063112.html

What I found was that unlike perl and other languages where you can
return an error code and exit clean, with PHP you have to exit with that
error code - EG: exit(2);

But when you exit(2) in PHP, freeradius thinks that the script failed
and does not respond to the access-request...

HTH
Patric

--

Q: I want to be a sysadmin.  What should I do?

A: Seek professional help.