FR-2.0.0-pre2 - doubled sql accounting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 25 10:02:17 CEST 2007

Tomasz Zieleniewski wrote:
> I have the home_server configuration which points to my localhost.

  Why?

> So the scenario is the following that when I receive the Accounting-Request
> with the user name of the form user at domain I check the realm for
> particular domain
> and strip the user name and proxy it again to my home_server localhost -
> partcular realm have the pool which points to the localhost home_server
> Problem is that there each accounting request is accounted twice.

  With virtual servers, you can configure different policies for packets
received from a real client, and for packets received from localhost.
This makes it trivial to avoid any double accounting issue.

  The only reason you're running into double accounting issues is that
you're running packets from both sources through the same policy.  Don't
do that.