no DB handles

Doc. Caliban doc.caliban at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:14:59 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a clean install of FreeRadius 1.1.7 with MySQL support.

I have a database on a separate machine that is used for almost nothing (no
traffic).  I would think sockets are not an issue.

I set the radius database up based on the instructions  on this page:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO

mysql -uroot -p
  CREATE DATABASE radius;
  GRANT ALL ON radius.* TO radius at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "radpass";
  exit

I then used the freeRadius supplied sqipt "mysql.sql" to create the schema
for the database.

Next I created a test user as instructed and configured freeRadius to access
the remote SQL server database.

When I try an authentication test, I receive the "no DB handles" error.

As for the indexing suggestion, would I need to look at that on a brand new
database with only one user in it?

Go easy on me, as I've had to learn all of this from scratch in the last
couple days.  :-)

Thank you.

-Doc.