Cisco NAS Password problem

John Morris jmorris at RSCVA.com
Fri Oct 26 00:20:37 CEST 2007

Debug output like this usually points to non-matching RADIUS secrets.  Check
the radius secret in your switch config as well as the secret configured in
your nas SQL table.  Freeradius only reads the nas table on startup, so if
you make changes to that table, you must restart the daemon for those changes
to take effect.

Kevin Bonner

Kevin,

  Thanks for the prompt reply. I went ahead and went to failing switches, cleared the radius-server entries and started from scratch. I had done this before, and it didn't fix the problem. But this time everything is working.

  It surprises me that the debug output doesn't appear to mention the failure of the NAS secret. I would have thought I would have gotten then that message and that the auth would have stopped there.

Regards,

John