Basic usage: What do I do next to get this to work?

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Wed Oct 31 02:07:11 CET 2007

>This is my goal:
>
>Wireless users and desktop computers on the same subnet (IPCop Blue, for
>those keeping score at home) will need to log in with a user name and
>password, which are kept on the MySQL server.

Hm, don't know much about IPCop but I would have some doubts about it
authenticating wired users on a local network. My guess is that DHCP
will just hand them an IP address and they will connect without
authentication. Since you want wired clients on the same subnet as
wireless ones think about using a captive portal like Chillispot.

You are on the right track with wireless.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP