Basic usage: What do I do next to get this to work?

Doc. Caliban doc.caliban at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 03:31:43 CET 2007

tnt at kalik.co.yu wrote:
> Hm, don't know much about IPCop but I would have some doubts about it
> authenticating wired users on a local network.

IPCop is actually pretty good for this as it uses one of it's interfaces
for wireless access based on granting each node specific access by MAC,
but it can be any network node, it doesn't have to be a wireless device.

All of our public workstations are on this interface so the machines are
verified at the proxy.  Now I just need to get the RADIUS piece in place
to validate the users.  IPCop can require RADIUS authentication on top
of the MAC filter.   It sounds good on paper, I just need to find the
easiest way possible for my users to deal with the RADIUS piece of the
model.
> You are on the right track with wireless.

That's good to hear.  Again, I just need to find the simplest
implementation possible for starters.