AW: Basic usage: What do I do next to get this to work?

Bernd s4ndm4n at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 11:11:52 CET 2007

I'm new to RADIUS, too...and I'm trying do get this work the same way. I set
up a WLAN and a RADIUS Server with a MySQL Database and a user
authentication by username and password. I want to use PEAP (MSCHAPv2) and I
read about a server certificate to install on my client computer to get it
work? Of course, I could be wrong ;). But when I just do this:

"Simplest thing for your users with Win XP/Vista would be PEAP. Setup is the
same for wired and wireless. Connection/Properties/click on Authentication
tab/tick enable 802.1x box/select PEAP from the box/click on Properties
button/" and use MSCHAPv2 on configure button it does not work.
So I tried to create a certificate and import it - still doesn't work -
think the cause is me and my missing experience with Radius. ;)

What do you think?