Configure warnings ... why ?

Pretty Woman redrose_w at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 20:58:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

I want to make freetradius work woth a MS-SQL database
now(on RedHat 9.0) and I installed : unixODBC,
FreeTDS, freeradius-1.1.7(with this options
"./configure --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc")

I doesnt work ("rlm_sql (sql): Could not link
driver..")

So I tried to reconfigure an see why but I dont
understand why I get those warnings on ./compile
I installed the iodbc rpm and I still get that
"'iodbc' disabled" warning...

why do I get those woarnings even though I installed
everything ?
please tell me what do I need to specify in the
./configure to make it work?

Here are the wornings:

[root at inter freeradius-1.1.7]# ./configure | grep WARN
configure: WARNING: snmpget not found -
Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may not work
configure: WARNING: snmpwalk not found -
Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may not work
config.status: WARNING:  ./Make.inc.in seems to ignore
the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:
./src/include/build-radpaths-h.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
configure: WARNING: the comm_err library isn't found!
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_krb5.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_krb5 requires:  krb5.
configure: WARNING: iodbc headers not found.  Use
--with-iodbc-include-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: sql submodule 'iodbc' disabled
configure: WARNING: mysql headers not found. Use
--with-mysql-include-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: sql submodule 'mysql' disabled
configure: WARNING: silently not building
rlm_sql_postgresql.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_postgresql
requires:  libpq-fe.h libpq.
configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: sql submodule 'oracle' disabled

note: "make uninstall" on freeradius doesnt work;
note2: unixODBC and FreeTDS have no problem connecting
to the SQL server.

Thanks