Freeradius+Active directory - router login authentciation

Rakesh Jha rakesh at burgan.com
Wed Sep 5 13:31:56 CEST 2007

For Cisco router login /enable authentication I want to use active
directory authentication. I have installed Red Hat Linux 4 (2.6.9-5.EL
#1) with Samba.

I have also installed OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007 and FreeRadius 1.1.7.

I see RHL OS installation also put openssl (some old version of 2003) in
/usr/bin directory.

After following FreeRADIUS Tutorial for AD integration I am not able to
start radius daemon as it complains -

radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.

radiusd.conf[1962] Unknown module "eap".

radiusd.conf[1909] Failed to parse authenticate section.

Please advise what am I missing? While compiling openssl and freeradius
I am using default option. Somewhere I read - "you want to use TLS or
TTLS or PEAP, but have compiled the server without TLS support. Install
openssl and the corresponding development libraries (often called
openssl-devel) and recompile the server."

Also one link advises to configure freeradius as following -

./configure --with-rlm-eap-tls-include-dir=/usr/kerberos/include/

Here problem is that I donot see /usr/kerberos/include path.

Please suggest the right option for compiling openssl, freeradius and
advisory.

Thanks & regards,

Rakesh

Attention:
Any non-official business related views, opinions and other information presented in this electronic mail
are solely those of the sender/author.
Burgan Bank does not endorse or accept responsibility for their opinions. If you are not the addressed
indicated in this mail or responsible for delivering this message to the intended,
you should delete this message and notify the sender immediately.