Freeradius to MSSQL connection

Pretty Woman redrose_w at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 10:59:30 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a problem connecting Freeradius to a mssql
server.

I installed FreeTLS and UNIXodbc and tested their
connection to the mssql server and it worked.

Please tell me what could be the problem ?

radiusd -X reads:

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_unixodbc (module
rlm_sql_unixodbc) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to
USERNAME@[IP-OF-MSSQL-SERVER]:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc
rlm_sql_unixodbc: Connection failed IM002
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found,
and no default driver specified
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0

Here is the working connection to mssql server :

[root at fedora5 ~]# tsql -H [IP-OF-MSSQL-SERVER] -p 1433
-U USERNAME -P PASSWORD
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
1> quit

[root at fedora5 ~]# isql [IP-OF-MSSQL-SERVER] USERNAME
PASSWORD
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> quit

[root at fedora5 ~]# rpm -qa | grep freerad
freeradius-1.0.5-1.2

Thanks