Configure hints in mysql

Danilo Telebakovic danilot at prijedor.com
Fri Sep 14 09:36:23 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm using freeradius 1.1.5, which came bundled with Fedora 7. All users are
kept in mysql database. I have to configure this so users can login with
username (i.e. "service") and receive standard set of reply items based on
group membership, and with username.local (i.e. "service.local") and receive
different set of reply attributes.

I tried this with hints and users files and it worked exactly as needed.
This is excerpt from config files:

hints
DEFAULT Suffix == ".local", Strip-User-Name = Yes
        Hint = "LOCAL",
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP

users
service  Cleartext-Password := "password"
         Service-Type = Framed-User,
         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
         Rate-Limit = "256k/256k",
         Fall-Through = Yes

DEFAULT Hint == "LOCAL"
        Rate-Limit := "2048k/2048k"

Now I'm having troubles moving those settings into database. Here is some
data from tables:

radcheck
+----+----------+--------------+----+------------+
| id | UserName | Attribute    | op | Value      |
+----+----------+--------------+----+------------+
|  1 | service  | Password     | := | password   |
+----+----------+--------------+----+------------+

usergroup
+----+----------+-----------+
| id | UserName | GroupName |
+----+----------+-----------+
|  1 | service  | wl256     |
+----+----------+-----------+

radgroupreply
+----+-----------+-----------------+----+-------------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute       | op | Value       |
+----+-----------+-----------------+----+-------------+
|  1 | wl256     | Service-Type    | := | Framed-User |
|  2 | wl256     | Framed-Protocol | := | PPP         |
|  3 | wl256     | Rate-Limit      | := | 256k        |

What to put where to have same functionality as with files? I tried
different combinations with attribute Hint and group DEFAULT in
radgroupreply and radreply but without success.

Thanks in advance

Danilo Telebakovic
prijedor.com Internet