Configuring FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth

charles at copel.com charles at copel.com
Mon Sep 17 15:57:59 CEST 2007

Hi Ivan:

I did what you recommended but it didn´t work.

The output of my FreeRadius (radiusd -X) was :

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.4.3.248:32768, id=97,
length=65
        User-Name = "copel\\charles"
        User-Password = "password"
        Service-Type = Authenticate-Only
        NAS-IP-Address = 200.195.147.120
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "copel\charles", looking up realm
NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound for request 0
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
  modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Sending Access-Reject of id 97 to 10.4.3.248 port 32768
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 97 with timestamp 46ee867a
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

Any idea ?
Best Regards,
Charles.

<tnt at kalik.co.yu>
Enviado Por: freeradius-users-bounces at lists.freeradius.org
14/09/2007 16:48
Favor responder a FreeRadius users mailing list

        cc:
        cco:    Charles Alcantara Borba/COPEL
        Assunto:        Re: Configuring FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth

Auth-Type System is coming from the DEFAULT entry towards the end of
users file. Comment it out.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

Dana 14/9/2007, "charles at copel.com" <charles at copel.com> pi?e:

>Alan:
>
>> Now I am trying to "Configuring my FreeRadius to use ntlm_auth for
>> MS-CHAP" to authenticate my NT users, ok ?
>
>  The page does document that.
>==> I am trying to following this document.
>
>> After that I configure the radiusd.conf file with the necessary changes
>> (about ntlm_auth), I am trying to test the authenticate with a valid
>> user of my NT Domain (by radtest) and the FreeRadius reject it.
>
>  radtest doesn't do MS-CHAP.  The page tries to make this clear.
>==> Sorry ... but I hadn´t understood it (I thought that just radclient
>doesn´t work). Now I know that radtest too ...
>
>> The output of my FreeRadius´s console:
>>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
>
>  You've done rather a lot more than just add "ntlm_auth" to the
>"authenticate" section.  This means that the config that previously
>worked... now doesn't work.
>==> I think this configuration is original (FreeRadius instalation´s).
>Because, in the previous test this configuration was already there. And
>the previous test works (Configuring FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth)!

>MS-CHAP.  This usually means trying a real login, without using
>"radtest" or "radclient".
>==> I tried to use the working configuration with a real login, but the
>behavior is the same, it appears the message that you mencioned:
>"rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System"
>
>Can you help me ?
>Best Regards,
>Charles.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Esta mensagem e seus anexos foram verificados por software anti-vírus.
Recomenda-se que no sejam abertos e/ou executados anexos de mensagens de
conteúdo ou remetente duvidoso.