Configuring FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 17:42:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I think that I did just some changes describes in the document  with the
> files:
> the users file: it is original (I delete the testing entry used "user     Auth-Type := ntlm_auth");
> the radisud.conf file: it is original with following changes:
> 1) the command "ntlm_auth" in the "authenticate" section;
> 2) the command "ntlm_auth" in the "modules" section: ntlm_auth = "/path/to/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
> --username=%{mschap:User-Name:-None}
> --domain=%{mschap:NT-Domain:-MYDOMAIN} --challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00}
> --nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"

err, for part 2 you HAVE TO MODIFY the path!  /path/to/ntlm_auth wont work unless
in a very strange set of circumstances you have a root directory called /path in which
you have a directiry called 'to' and you've compiled your SAMBA to drop its binaries into
that!

eg

/usr/local/bin/ntlm_auth   is probably far more realistic!

alan