PEAP/MS-CHAPv2 and the Windows XP default wireless client

Terry Pelley Terry.Pelley at ocdsb.ca
Mon Sep 17 18:57:18 CEST 2007

FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3-r0.1.2 (Upgrade is Pending)

I have all of my Cisco AP1231's set to do PEAP/MS_Chapv2 authentication
and would like to allow users that wish to use the default windows
wireless client to send their windows login and password to the RADIUS
server by default.  The problem I am having is that the supplicant(s) are
sending their fully qualified username in the following manner.

User-Name = "ComputerName\\Username"
User-Password = "Password"

FreeRADIUS expects the request(s) like this.

User-Name = "Username"
User-Password = "Password"

How do I get FreeRADIUS to ignore the \\ComputerName prefix?

Thanks in advance,

Terry Pelley
Network Analyst
Business and Learning Technologies