Controlling access to my Wireless network.

Kent Thomas Kent at solarbee.com
Tue Sep 18 16:13:16 CEST 2007

Hello all,
I'm looking for a simple way to protect access to my wireless network.  I'm
seeing a lot of old documentation on how to use EAP-TLS to protect the
wireless network.  I've found lots of old documentation on how to setup WPA
Enterprise.  I would like some updated docuentation on how to do this.

I have a couple SonicWall SonicPoint devices that have the capability to do
WPA Enterprise or WPA2 enterprise or both. I would like to be able to have a
user attempt to join my wireless network, but be presented with the request
for Username and Password.  From there I would like to be able to have their
connection authenticated and then allow them on.  No authentication, no
getting on.  Securing the wireless signal is not the primary focus here.
Securing the access to the network is.

Is there a way to do this?  I have FreeRadius 1.1.7 installed and working
and currently will authenticate against my ldap server.

Thank you for lending a hand to a newby here.
Kent